Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ray Comfort's Sick New Low...

Ray Comfort's obsession with the idea that science is somehow an evil enterprise reached a gruesome new low yesterday with this blog post. I don't think I need to say much about the implication there. Ray's done little more than demonstrate the malevolence of the god he imagines to exist (Or is it apathy? Would that make it more palatable?), to say nothing of his own utter callousness.

So what has science ever done for us?

It's cured deadly diseases.

It's helped to fight world hunger.


It's provided us with remarkable advancements in medical care.

Ray's real gripe with the Large Hadron Collider is that it could help explain the origins of the universe, pushing Rays own shrill claims of "Goddidit" further into obscurity.

2 comments:

Garret said...

Hi there Skippy! long time no talk! Hope all is well with you brother!
I can't even stand to look upon Rays' blog anymore, I have happily drifted so far from that mindset. It scares me to think that I used to think he made sense. I notice only the nuttiest are consistant regulars there, on the christian side at least, as most, I think, come in, see how looney Ray is, and fade away.
Are you on facebook yet?
Peace to you!
Garret

Skippy the Skeptic said...

Hey Garret! How've you been, man? I don't make it over onto Ray's much anymore, though I've been popping in a little more frequently the last week or so just out of boredom. It honestly seems like most of the folks over on Ray's anymore are there to give him trouble (Most of them also have a collective blog called the "Raytractors" or something to that effect), which I imagine rather plays into some of his fantasies.

I've yet to get on Facebook...seems they don't want me register as "Skippy the Skeptic" unless I do so as a business, but if I to that I can't manually register friends or something silly like that. I'm sure there's a way around it, but I've yet to fool with it much.

You missed it man, there was some conspiracy-minded fellow on here a couple of weeks ago that I think you'd have rather enjoyed. Hopefully he'll come back again.

Love and peace,
-Skippy