Monday, December 03, 2012

Santaclysm!

Last year I got the chance to take part in a really awesome Christmas episode of Joe's Awesome and Tommy Hates EverythingThat particular Christmas episode is currently unavailable for download, but happily brand spanking new Christmas episode just went up!  It's first part of a fairly long special JATHE presentation we're calling "Santaclysm" and it deals with various offbeat film incarnations of Santa Claus through the decades. The first episode, wherein we discuss the portrayal of Santa in a couple of beloevd Rankin-Bass specials, was a ton of fun to tape.  Plus I got upgraded from regular guest to temporary guest host (kind of) for this one.  Check it out!

On a semi-related note, Tommy can apparently read my mind, because the next three episodes of Santaclysm just happen to be the exact three movies I had planned to review for my holiday festivities for the blog.  That said, I've been forced to change up my plans a bit.  I had intended to kind of avoid the most obvious Christmas horror movies this year, but my hand has been forced...so screw it.  Coming up soon will be my review of the grand-daddy of all Christmas horror flicks, that oft-maligned but rarely viewed cult classic Silent Night, Deadly Night.  Please come back and join me for it!

2 comments:

JATHE POD said...

I hope to have the Christmas episode from last year up before Christmas rolls around, but then again I also planned on having the original Halloween episodes up and that didn't turn out too well.
-Tommy

Skippy the Skeptic said...

I have the original versions of most of the old episodes saved and actually had the original Christmas episode playing the other day. It's amazing how much of a difference the new studio set-up makes as far as the sound quality goes...