Thursday, September 25, 2008

Against the Witches...

I try not to be too politically rancorous on this blog, so keep in mind as you're watching the video below that I'd be mocking the participants regardless of who was depicted. It's just that it's so much more...I can't decide between "juicy" and "frightening"...that the woman involved here may well be our next vice president. Yes, here's Sarah Palin at her old Pentecostal church in Wasilla, Alaska receiving a blessing to protect her from witchcraft. Goodness...

Now, Palin's campaign maintains that she doesn't consider herself Pentecostal, despite attending a Pentecostal church and, in fact, giving speeches to the congregation in that church. I assume that these claims are being made in much the same way as the claim that she wasn't at all an Alaskan separatist, despite her open support of the Alaska Independence Party, her husband's longtime membership in the group, and her perfect willingness to attend their state conferences and even produce a video address to one such conference while she was the governor...

Sarah Palin's an odd lady. It just so happens that she's an odd lady who could very well be president one day. Check out the video below and enjoy. Or at the very least share in my morbid fascination. By the way, I'm pretty sure that audio distortion accounts for why the pastor doing the blessing sounds like Cobra Commander.

2 comments:

JAK said...

To judge by her borderline incoherent responses to Katie Couric's questions in her recent interview, she's also an odd lady who has a laughably poor grasp of major issues, basic econonmics, and, indeed, the English language...

Skippy the Skeptic said...

I think I'm more excited to see her debate with Biden than I am about what the debates between McCain and Obama. Her responses in the Couric interview reminded me of those old segments on The Tonight Show when they'd send a camera crew outside to waylay passers-by with questions about news storie and record their befuddled, stammering responses.

I'm just glad that living next to Canada makes her a veteran at foreign policy.