Sunday, June 08, 2008

I Love E-Mail...

Really, I do. I don't get an enormous amount of it that actually counts for squat, but e-mail has made my life a lot easier over the years - There's simply not a more convenient to stay in touch with your friends. One other thing that I like about e-mail is that you can filter it. The days of tons and tons of spam are gone thanks to high quality free filtering software that anyone can access. The account I use for my blog filters my incoming mail for junk, as does the e-mail account that it forwards everything to, as does the e-mail account that that forwards everything to. As such, there's not a whole lot of junk that gets through to old Skippy and thus I feel pretty content to leave my e-mail hanging out there for everyone to see.

Our friend Dennis Markuze of Quebec, Canada, who goes by the name David Mabus on this and every other blog he chooses to infect, likes e-mail too. I know this because he's tried to send me a bit over the last couple of days. I can only assume that this is his revenge for my calling him a ninny recently and suggesting that he might want to reconsider going off his meds. All I can say is that this isn't quite on par with his threats to crawl out of my TV and eat my soul like in that movie The Ring.

Dennis' home e-mail address and personal info have been widely disseminated online, and while I'm not quite base enough to repost them here, I'm going to note for everyone else's convenience that those of you with functional e-mail accessible through their Blogspot profiles may was to keep an eye on their in-boxes for Dennis' salty leavings. His current spamming address is davidmabus2009@gmail.com for those of you who'd like to block him in advance. I'm sure he'll have another one in the next few days.

On the plus side, without Dennis I'm not sure I'd ever have occasion to use the term "Nostradummy", which I'm quite tickled with even though no one else seems to be.

No comments: