Monday, February 11, 2008

And then there was snow...

Last week we got a monstrous thunderstorm that spawned tornadoes all across the south and did untold property damage throughout Louisville, including my childhood neighborhood and my parents' yard. Well, hot on the heels of the worst thunderstorms ever to hit Kentucky in February comes the worst winter storm we've had in several years. It's been snowing for almost five hours and we have several inches of accumulation, and now it's sleeting. They even canceled work for me tomorrow, and it's no easy feat to get social work canceled due to adverse weather.

All this crazy weather sure seems new. I mean, I certainly never remember getting tornadoes in the winter when I was a kid, nor can I recall being more surprised that it actually snowed in February than I am right now. (Louisville has had essentially no meaningful snowfall in something like three years.) It's almost as if the weather, the "climate" if you will, is somehow...changing....

Hmm...

No comments: