Friday, February 08, 2008

Invoking Poe's Law...

Poe's Law states, and I quote:

"Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."


I think I may be willing to invoke Poe's Law on the guys over at PreachingYourFuneral. Honestly, I'm beginning to think that those guys are perpetrating an elaborate parody of some of the southern super-fundies that skulk around here in Kentucky and in neighboring states. The more I watch their videos (They're up to Rosie O'Donnell now, with Christopher Hitchens on deck and yours truly still apparently out of the running.) the more I expect the nasal redneck up at the pulpit to break down laughing and explain how this was all a remarkably convincing piece of satire.

Only time will tell, I suppose. In the meantime, I still want to be next, so show your support and e-mail these guys every day to remind them what a vile heathen I am.

comment@preachingyourfuneral.com

No comments: